Pernod Ricard’s CSR initiatives must be connected with the Group’s activity, its culture, its identity, and it must be embodied by all its employees. Pernod Ricard builds its CSR strategy around a dedicated model. The CSR strategy is led by the Headquarters and implemented in a decentralized way.
" Pernod Ricard strongly believes that economic performance and social responsibility go hand in hand "
Bruno Rain, Managing Director, Human Resources and Corporate Social Responsibility
- A LONG-TERM COMMITMENT INITIATED BY THE FOUNDERS, CARRIED ON BY THE EMPLOYEES
What is commonly known as Corporate Social Responsibility today is not a recent discovery for Pernod Ricard. Since the establishment of the Oceanographic Institute in 1966, and that of the IREB (Institute for Scientific Research on Alcoholic Beverages) in 1971, it has now been almost fifty years since the Group, through its Founders, made ethics a mainstay of its development.
- AND ACKNOWLEDGED BY EXPERTS
As a leader in CSR and in a spirit of continuous improvement, Pernod Ricard decided in 2012 to be the pilot company for a new, experimental French standard, used to evaluate the credibility of CSR initiatives in accordance with ISO 26000. For five months, independent experts interviewed internal and external stakeholders of various subsidiaries in order to assess the Group's CSR strategy.
This pioneering effort led to the drafting of a ‘credibility report’, which highlights the strong commitment of the Group and its leaders, the efficient implementation of its actions and that allows Pernod Ricard to identify its path for improvement.
Η" CSR is encoded in our DNA, a legacy of the Group's Founders who, long before sustainable development was in vogue, were committed to these issues "
Bruno Rain, Managing Director, Human Resources and Corporate Social Responsibilityη
- A DEDICATED MODEL FOR CREATER CLARITY OF THE CSR STRATEGY
The CSR strategy is based on four areas of engagement. The four areas of the model are the following ones:
- Respect Respecting and empowering our employees, which constitute a priority within the frame of our CSR policy.
- Promotion of responsible drinking to tackling the excessive and inappropriate consumption, which is undoubtedly a basic priority for Pernod Ricard.
- Protection to our planet, with a special attention to nature and biodiversity.
- Development of community, and engagement of our partners.
- THE GLOBAL COMPACT
Since 2003, Pernod Ricard has been a participating company of the United Nations Global Compact and is therefore committed to respecting and promoting the core principles.
You can also visit the webpage devoted to Pernod Ricard, and its official supporting documents, on the website of The Global Compact.